Friday 25 January 2013

Greeting Card Challenge

Late last year, my friend and I purchased the same greeting card that we found amusing.  The card designer is Susan Mrosek,  Pondering Pool.  We loved the card so much that we challenged each other to make an art doll based on the greeting card!  My friend would create the doll using polymer clay and I would use cloth.  Let the fun begin!  Here are our efforts for you to enjoy. To view additional pictures of my friend, Romona's finished doll go to her blog, Northbrook Designs.

The chosen greeting card

My first attempt at a face
The final version of the face I created

As soon as I was happy with the face, I decided to use the body pattern from Allison Marano called Phidias.  I was very happy with her body once I tweaked it to fit the face I created.

My finished doll.  I named her Melancholy Millie!


Side view of Millie
Millie's sandals, are they not too cute!
Melancholy Millie and Pensive Pearl (on the left, made by my friend Romona.


A final look at Melancholy Millie.  "It hardly seems real, life without the ha."
 I do hope Millie gets her humour back, poor lass.

3 comments:

  1. this is too funny! last week I was looking through her cards thinking what fabulous dolls they would make. I love her work! you did a great job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your rendition of this card is awesome!!! Love the face.. well done
    hugs from di @ fabricaddictions.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this idea, your Millie is lovely and so is Romona's doll Pearl, wonderful work

    ReplyDelete

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...