Tuesday 7 May 2013

Sock Doll Challenge

Last fall our local cloth doll club, the Cloth-a-Dollics, had a sock doll challenge.  I wanted to make some cool animals.  I finally decided on a cat and a fox.  The cat was made with a white sport sock and a black sport sock.  I decided the cat needed a wee mouse so I used a gray baby sock for the mouse.

The fox was made with a rust coloured hiking sock, a white sport sock and a black sport sock.  I then decided that I wanted to make him steam punk and so I used a plaid tie and made him a vest and a matching hat.  The tail is made with tibetian goat hair.  I  used a metal zipper for his smile.  Enjoy!





In addition to dolls made from socks, I also made a doll wearing socks.  The inspiration came from the book titled "The Sock Fairy" by BC novelist  Bobbie Hinman.  The pattern of the little fairy (minus all the embellishments) is by Sarah Clarke.  I knitted the sock that the fairy is holding and I made the mouse from felt.                  .  



Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...