Wednesday 27 November 2013

Ursula, Queen of the Trolls

The cloth doll group to which I belong, the Cloth-a-Dollics, had a challenge to make a doll with the theme "in the forest".  My mind immediately went to Arley Berryhill's "Troll Queen" doll.  I knew that I could turn her into a forest troll but Arley's pattern was not yet available!

What to do.  No problem I decided to forge ahead and use Arley's "Fairy Godmother" pattern and make adjustments.  I made the head using Akira Blount's technique.  The doll is fully wired and all cloth with lots and lots of fun beading.  Enjoy!





Her staff is made from aluminum foil wrapped in plaster cloth and painted.

Details on the from of her skirt



As of last week Arley now has a pattern for the troll queen!
Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...