Monday 17 February 2014

Poppy Love

I am very happy to present my new teddy, "Poppy Love".  She was inspired by my love of poppies and my love of UK artist Melanie Jayne.  Poppies are one of my ideal flowers, bright, colourful, low maintenance and flowers that always brighten my day.  Poppies, and red poppies in particular, bring me back to memories of the Tuscan hills!

"Poppy Love" measures 21" to the top of her hat but is only 12" sitting.  She is made of plush white mohair with suede paw pads, glass eyes and is fully jointed.  To add extra warmth and character to her face, I tried needle sculpting her nose and muzzle (first time) and am quite pleased with her look.

I took a fun afternoon class on wet felting flowers with local felting artist, Tracy Black, and I was hooked!  Twelve flowers later I knew that they would adorn a green felted "hat" for Poppy.

I hope you enjoy her as much as I enjoyed making this sweet bear.







Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...