Friday 1 August 2014

Tales of Beatrix Potter

Pin It
I have just finished the Cheswick Company Beatrix Potter ornament series.  I love the designs but they had no "Mrs. Tittlemouse", so I designed my own.

Growing up I loved to read these stories and I loved the illustrations in the wee books.


Meet my Mrs. Tittlemouse: (about 5" tall) she carries her basket and a cedar branch and has real brown glass eyes:



Next is Mr. Todd, the plant loving fox:


Let us not forget the wee tailor of Glouchester who sits on a wooden spool:


Here is Tom Kitten (6" tall) with his straw hat and wee flowers:
Of course there is Benjamin Bunny:


Here is the obscure Squirrel Nutkin with his bushy tail and acorn:


Who could forget Jeremy Fisher, so dashing with his top hat:




The last two characters to make an appearance are Jamima Puddleduck and happy, go lucky  Pigling Bland (my favourite):


It was great fun seeing these characters come to life.  I used wool felt and mohair (Kitten and Duck).  Most of the arms and legs were pipe cleaners wrapped with floral tape and painted.  I will make a few more for sure!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...