Tuesday 15 December 2015

Doll Club Christmas Exchange

Last week our doll club the Cloth-a-dollics had our potluck Christmas meeting and our Christmas gift exchange.  This year the pattern that was chosen to make was from the Autumn 2005 Art Doll Quarterly magazine:

The members who wanted to participate were to use the pattern provided in the magazine and make a doll to give to a fellow club member.  No-one knows who the doll would be given to as the gift exchange is random to allow the maker the freedom to use fabrics that they love.

The meeting was a lot of fun as there was plenty of food to go around, lots of social catch up with fellow members and a fun, fun gift reveal:





As you can see all of the dolls were quite different and all were beautiful.  I received the fuchsia beauty with the embroidered and beaded details seen in the photo above.

The doll I made for the exchange was the "deer girl" (yes I did alter the pattern a wee bit, lol!):

I gave my girl antlers using pipe cleaners wrapped with brown floral tape.  The body suit was a pale pink dupioni silk with sleeves, boots and hood made of faux suede trimmed with faux fur.  I also added "deer spots" on her hood, arms and boots.  Her dress I made from a ocean blue sweater I had that no longer fit.  For the finishing details I added Christmas lights caught up in her antlers, a pompom tie, a pale pink scarf and a snowflake for her to hold.

I love the way she turned out, so I made her a sister (which I kept):




My deer girl has a deer hand puppet, arm warmers and leg warmers made from a sock as well as a soft blue fleece vest.

I enjoyed making my Deer Girls and I am thinking about making some to sell for next Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...