Saturday 27 February 2016

Grand Slam of Curling

For curling enthusiasts, elite curling is coming to Victoria: the Pinty's Grand Slam of Curling will be in town from March 17th to 20th.  To celebrate I have made three new Wooly Critters, two Grumpy Cats and a Puppy named, what else but "Pinty".

All three will be at the Coast Collective in time for the special curling event.  I failed to mention that I made curling rocks for the Critters as well.

The critters are made from old sweaters that are felted and then cut, stuffed and decorated to bring out the personalities:

The start of the Grumpy feline.

Grumpy cat says, Yes my heart is Blue, get over it!

This is before I decided to design and make him a curling rock.

Grumpy girl Cat says, Ruffles and hot pink, who thought that was a good idea?

The two Grumpy cats have found each other, but being their grumpy selves they do not acknowledge that they like being together.
Now here is "Pinty" the puppy who is quite happy with the upcoming curling event:

His curling rock is made of felt and has a plastic disc on the bottom so that is can slide!

I hope you enjoyed seeing some of my Wooly Critters.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...