Sunday 3 April 2016

My Felt Doll

A month or so ago, I purchased a new book called "My Felt Doll" by Shelly Down. (check out her site on easy called Gingermelon)  I loved the book so much that I purchased it twice by mistake!  No problem though, as my sister in Toronto wanted a copy to make these dolls with our 5 nieces (aged 4 through 12 years old).
While in Toronto visiting with my family I had fun making some of the dolls from the book:

The Beach Babe

The Traveller

The School Girl


Bedtime

Little Fairy

Ballerina with knitted sweater

I made her a felt bunny as well.

While in Toronto, I had fun helping my nieces make a felt doll of their own.  I used acrylic felt for their dolls and buttons for eyes.  They chose the pattern they wanted and I helped them cut out the pattern and make it.  We worked on the dolls two Sunday afternoons until they were done.

Here are three of the dolls:
Girl's Night Out (made by Madison, aged 7)

Mermaid and Puppy (puppy designed by my 10 year old niece!)

My niece wanted to make a dog, not a doll! (made by Michaela, aged 10)

Mermaid with button eyes and embellished tail. (made by Emma with help from me and mom)
My last two nieces also made dolls but they left before I had a chance to take photos!

I would recommend the book to all who love hand sewing with felt.  The patterns are excellent and the dolls are adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...