Saturday 9 July 2016

Critter Mania Continues

I am stocking up on making my wooly critters for a November artisan show at the Da Vinci Centre in Victoria, BC.

I up-cycle  wool sweaters that are past their useful life (from thrift stores) and then felt them using hot water and soap.  I then decide which critter the sweater wants to be and off I go.

It has been a blast as you will see from my new stash:

First some of my Foxes:




A daddy fox made from the same soft wool reddish sweater:




One of more super soft lambs from a cashmere sweater (I will be making another one in pink):



I managed to find another yellow cashier sweater that had a few holes in it but made a super sweet monster:




I also found a lovely lavender purple sweater that shouted out, make me a kitty!


A super soft pink puppy:


What else is there?  What about a kitty modelled after Rosie the Riveter and "hello kitty":



So you see, I have been very busy indeed.  Now I must make a dolly based on a poem, "My Cubby Hole".  Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...