Saturday 23 December 2017

Gingerbread Houses

Every year about this time, my husband and I go and see the gingerbread houses created by local bakers to raise money for "Habitat for Humanity".  (I do have to twist my husband's arm at times for this event to happen)

This year, the theme was "Canada 150" of course, and the gingerbread houses were displayed at a new venue, the Parkside on Humbolt St in Victoria (on until Jan 3rd I believe).

Admission is free and if you want to vote, you donate to Habitat for the privilege. Also they are selling gingerbread cookies and coffee for only $2.25 and the money goes to the cause.

Here are some of the wonderful houses:












I vote for this iconic entry, although it was tough choosing.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Ornaments Galore

  It is mid October and I have just finished making a gaggle of Christmas ornaments in preparation for the holidays: There are reindeers, pa...